News & Events
eBOS Participated in a 3-day Event Organised by 5G-SOLUTIONS at Telenor Expo in Oslo, Norway
Mr. Christos Skoufis, Senior Project Manager and Mr. Vasos Hatzioannou, Senior Software Developer, participated in the 3-day event (15-17 November 2022) organised by 5G-SOLUTIONS 5G-PPP project in which eBOS is a consortium partner, at Telenor Expo in Oslo, Norway.
During the first day of the event, an open to public workshop was held in a hybrid mode, both online and physically at Telenor Expo. Its main purpose was to share results and experiences from the experiments, trials, and collaboration between the consortium’s partners engaged in the Factories of the Future (FoF), and advanced media industrial sectors.
5G-VICTORI and 5G-MediaHUB H2020 5G-PPP projects also participated in the workshop by providing insights, promoting synergies and future collaboration opportunities in the previously stated industrial sectors.
The workshop was divided into 3 sessions and discussions were held for the following topics:
Session 1: “5G solutions and experimentation for advanced Industry”
- How 5G can support smart connected operations in the factory of the future?
- 5G technologies for smart energy services.
- AI-assisted optimization of 5G systems supporting Industry 4.0 services.
Session 2: “5G solutions and experimentation for advanced Media”
- Enablers for the creation and deployment of advanced media services.
- Remote production enabled by 5G connectivity.
- Ultra-High Fidelity Media in the 5G era.
Session 3: How can the 5G Mobile Network Operators facilitate experimentation and co-creation with players in the media and the FoF industries?
- Advancing the experimental platforms implemented in the projects to facilitate the technological and business validation of 5G in relevant vertical sectors.
- A panel discussion between the partners from the 3 projects has been conducted with discussions and sharing views on the results and lessons learned from the experiments and trials, also highlighting the most important takeaways to be leveraged further in future European research, development and innovation projects under the Smart Networks and Services Joint Undertaking (SNS JU) partnership.
During the last two days of the event, the final plenary meeting of the 5G-SOLUTIONS project was physically held at Telenor Expo, in which updates and progress on the completion of project activities were presented with a particular focus on the outcomes of the use case trials and the degree of achieving the project’s KPIs. In addition, live demos from use cases have been performed.
eBOS, as the project’s Quality Assurance and Risk Manager, provided the results of the quality assurance process, and presented the status of the technical, project management and partner related risks identified during the project’s lifecycle including relevant mitigation measures undertaken. In addition, eBOS as the leader of relevant technical project activities provided an update on the development status of the APIs and interfaces implemented for facilitating the interfacing between the use case stakeholders and 5G-VINNI’s facility in Norway, including the latest update for the implementation of the KPI visualization system as a cloud-based service.
More information about the project
5G-SOLUTIONS has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No. 856691