News & Events
New H2020 ICT-41 5G Project 5GMediaHUB kicks off!
On the 26 and 27 of January 2021, a new 5G Research and Innovation project 5GMediaHUB: 5G experimentation environment for 3rd party media services held a successful online kick-off meeting with the participation of 17 partners and the coordination of CENTRE TECNOLOGIC DE TELECOMUNICACIONS DE CATALUNYA (CTTC) by Dr. Christos Verikoukis. 5GMediaHUB is part of 5G PPP Phase 3b ICT-41 projects and will last for 3 years. It aims to help EU to achieve the goal of becoming a world leader in 5G, by accelerating the testing and validation of innovative 5G-empowered media applications and NetApps from 3rd party experimenters and NetApps developers, through an open, integrated and fully featured Experimentation Facility. This will significantly reduce not only the service creation lifecycle but also the time to market barrier, thus providing such actors that are primarily from SMEs, with a competitive advantage against their rivals outside EU. Mr. Christos Skoufis, Senior R&D Project Manager, represented eBOS Technologies at the online kick-off-meeting. During the meeting all the partners introduced their organisations and the discussion was mainly focused on the role of each partner in the project and the work that needs to be performed under each Work Package, especially during the first 6 months of the project. Moreover, the main goal was to establish a common vision for the project. EBOS will participate in the following tasks and activities:
- WP1 ‘Use cases, requirements elicitation, specifications and architecture’, with the following objectives: define in detail the media use cases linked to specific target 5G network and service-level KPIs
- WP2 ‘5GMediaHUB Experimentation Tools and NetApps implementation’, EBOS will be responsible for the design and development of a set of open, standards compliant Northbound interfaces as part of Northbound API, NetApps and NetApps Repository development
- EBOS will support IQUADRAT INFORMATICA SL with the deployment, configuration and integration of the freely available open source SDP software stack with the 5GMediaHUB infrastructure within WP3 ‘Integration, deployment and dry-run testing
- In WP5 ‘Commercialisation, Innovation management and standardisation’, EBOS will support Inlecom to assess market opportunities and develop viable business plans
- In WP7 Project Management, EBOS will support the Project Coordinator CTTC, in the overall coordination and management. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 101016714.